1) “You’ve got a friend in me.” (Friendship)
Disney bonds friendships of old and kindles friendships of new. Its endeavor to turn enemies from animosity to trust inspires individuals to see the good in others.
2. “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” (Teamwork)
3. “The only way to get what you want in this world is through hard work.” (Hard Work)
Disney has never shied away from promoting hard work. Evidence of this is seen in Tiana, Belle and other famous Disney characters, who were able to accomplish their dreams through employing hard work.
4. “What do you do when things go wrong? Oh! You sing a song!” (Music Calms the Heart)
Disney allows singing in any circumstance. Regardless of your singing ability, music is a constant encouragement and mood-lightener. So blast your favorite song and sing to your hearts content!
5. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” (Chase Your Dreams)
Disney inspires you to pursue your dreams. As Merida and many other Disney characters learned, you must chase your dreams to make them happen.
6. “My dream wouldn’t be complete without you in it.” (Your Dream can include the One(s) You Love)
At times we assume that our dreams can only include ourselves. However, on countless occasions, Disney has blown this out of the water. Our dreams can include those we love and may only happen through the encouragement and love received by those very people.
7. “Even miracles take a little time.” (Patience)
Patience is a foreign word in this instant world we live in. However, as the fairy godmother said to Cinderella, miracles take a little time. Therefore, welcome the waiting period, for in it, you may learn something.
8. “Ladies don’t start fights, but they can finish them!” (Fight with Grace and Determination vs. Pettiness and Disrespect)
In contrast to popular thinking, women do not have to fight dirty. We can fight for things we believe in with class and still gain success and achieve the impossible.
9. “I will not ask you for forgiveness. What I have done is unforgivable. I was so lost in hatred and revenge. I never dreamed that I could love you so much. You stole what was left of my heart. And now I’ve lost you forever.” (Second Chances)
Disney opens our eyes to second chances in unlikely situations. Even when circumstance seem to be bleak and irreparable, there is always a first step that can be taken onto the road of new beginnings.
10. “No! Don’t think outside the box! Once you say that, you’ve established that there is a box.” (Don’t think, but Imagine)
Disney pushes you to think beyond limitations of all shapes and sizes. Let the sky be the only limitation when you are pursuing a dream, new career and so on.
11. “Think, Believe, Dream, and Dare.” (Believe)
The recipe for believing in something includes two parts determination and one part vision. You wouldn’t make a cake without the flour; why would you attempt something without the entire recipe? Believe, imagine and dream.
Copyright © 2014 SarahFehrenbach. All Rights Reserved.
Toy Story quote: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/You’ve_Got_a_Friend_in_Me Friends Photo Credit (named by order, left to right): Lauren Balcombe, Sarah Fehrenbach, Hannah Kerbey and Kim Hughes) Walt Disney People Quote: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/waltdisney131631.html#LGgsCttRUI3iEvEg.99 Peter Pan London Clock Photo Credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/390194755187231552/ Princess and the Frog Hard Work quote: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0171516/quotes Tiana Hard Work Photo Credit: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/disney-princess/picks/results/1226128/potm-outfits-countdown-tiana-june-2013-pick-least-favorite-outfit-day-2 Snow White quote: http://likes.com/disney/disney-princess-quotes Cinderella Singing Photo Credit: http://becuo.com/cinderella-cleaning-with-animals Dreams quote: http://mobile.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/waltdisney163027.html Merida Photo Credit: http://m.weheartit.com/entry/group/14312487 Princess and the frog love quote: http://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Princess_and_the_Frog Tangled Photo Credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/320740804684555522/ Godmother quote: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/198721402282774634/ Cinderella Photo Credit: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/news/a28070/fashion-problems-disney-princesses-have/?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1440_68812093 Aristocrats quote: http://mighty-pen.hubpages.com/hub/disney-quotes Aristocats Photo Credit: http://delightfuldisney.tumblr.com/post/3552232768 Maleficent quote: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0027757/quotes Maleficent Photo Credit: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Maleficent/Gallery Walt Disney quote: http://www.theleadershiphub.com/blogs/there-no-box-more-insights-how-lead-walt-disney Walt Disney Dreams Photo Credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/155796468334373940/ Walt Disney Dream Quote: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/3510823.Walt_Disney_Company Walt Disney Believe Photo Credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/296815431664439597/