Regardless of efforts to stay healthy, sickness intrudes upon our busy lives. This unwelcome culprit, approaches at inconvenient times, in a variety of disguises.
For some, a sick day is not a concern. They are capable of shutting out the world until they improve. However, there are those who find a day of lying in bed daunting. Their minds travel a mile a minute, ticking off the things they need to do.
Here is a list for those whose mind does not shut off when the body is ill.
- Comfort day
- View your sick day as a “Comfort Day”. Draw a bubble bath; try out that new oatmeal mask, etc. Pamper yourself! Your body will thank you.
- Paint your nails
- Here is your chance to try out that new nail design your favorite celeb featured.
- Yoga and Relaxation techniques are beneficial in calming the body as well as your mind.
- Write a letter
- That personal touch will mean a great deal to the recipient. Moreover, you will be able to practice your handwriting technique.
- Read a book
- Start on that book you have been putting off.
- Movie marathon
- Enjoy a guilt-free day of watching your favorite movie series or genres.
- Catch up on emails
- You will feel productive and not completely estranged from the world.
- Catch up on your favorite show
- Your favorite TV characters are there waiting for you!
- Even if you are not creative, you might be surprised at your talent (or lack of, that is).
- Start planning what you will do when you get better
- Plan that trip you have been putting off. Reschedule everything you missed while you were sick. Go to Disneyland! The world is your oyster.
A part from this list, resting, keeping hydrated and abiding by your doctor’s orders is crucial to your health. If any of these items make you feel worse, stop doing it immediately.